A recent Facebook post and great recipe suggestion from Kristen Case, my friendly new Farmington farmers’ market customer. I can’t wait to try it, and thought I should share. Thanks Kristen!
I wanted to pass along this recipe, which I made tonight with your delicious pressed ricotta with basil and some sugar snaps from the market. Yum!”
~ Kristen Case, Temple
Farfalle with Lemon Ricotta, Sugar Snap Peas & Oregano
* 1 box farfalle (half for 2 people)
* 3 cups sugar snap peas
* 2 cups ricotta cheese
* 1 lemon
* 1 garlic scape
* fresh oregano
* S & P
* chile flakes
* olive oil
1. First, blanch the sugar snap peas. Do this by heating a pan full of water to a simmer, and adding the sugar snap peas for just about a minute or two.
2. Take your 2 cups of ricotta and place in a bowl. Add the zest and juice of one lemon. I used fresh oregano because I love the combination. Add a pinch of chile flake, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
3. Cut the garlic scapes into thin slices. I put mine in my mortar and pestle, and added a touch of salt, and olive oil. I ground it into a paste. You could also use a blender, food processor, or feel free to just use thinly sliced pieces as well.
4. Cook your farfalle or choice of pasta to directions and set aside to cool.
5. I cut the sugar snap peas in half, and tossed them with the farfalle. I then added my ricotta, garlic scape paste, and mixed thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
A great new recipe from a friend of Crooked Face Creamery:
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 5 TBS superfine sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- finely grated zest of one large orange
- 1/2 cup (about 2 oz.) all purpose flour
- 2 generous TBS melted butter
Mix together ricotta, sugar and egg yolks. Add zest to flour. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold lightly into the ricotta mixture. Add flour. Add butter to warmed griddle over moderate heat. When sizzling add a heaped TBS of the batter. Flip. Serve with melted jam.